Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Poetry Update

   The poetry reading at Glenwood Inn went very well.  What a receptive audience.  I was asked to come back and to do a full reading of just my poetry!  The two poems I read were "Rainbows Must Be Chased" and instead of "Marathon", I read "Strange Gift" (see poem posted below.)

   To practice reading and because a friend from All Poetry suggested it, I made several videos and posted them to You Tube ("Rainbows Must Be Chased," "Strange Gift" and "Valley of the Moon."  Then as I was perusing videos on YouTube, I found one with a poem by Liesel Mueller "What The Dog Hears" and I thought it was So well done that I wanted to try to do something similar.  So, I created two more videos for "Surfing Maverick Waves" (music by U2) and "My Love For Mountain" (music by Kerrey Muzzey...for which I got specific permission to use!).  Both videos are posted below.

   Next week, I will start a poetry writing class and I'm looking forward to it (though know it will involve a lot of work!).

No comments:

Post a Comment