Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Training Continues

Wow, am I spending a lot of time and focus on training and, in particular, on swimming!  Yesterday, we had a TNT practice with cycling and swimming.  The cycling wasn't too bad..no hills to speak of, no falls, fairly short.  Swimming, on the other hand, was focused on building aerobic capacity and form.  I made a bit of a breakthrough when I realized I needed to really exaggerate the rolling from side to side.  That made it much easier to breath, reach with high elbow and I was noticeably faster.  Re: aerobic capacity, I felt like my lungs were bursting, but I kept going!  At least I'm losing weight and firming up.  Feels very good, overall.  I think I will now be swimming 4 to 5 days/week.

Came home from practice yesterday by about 1PM.  Did some errands on the way home.  Stopped at Whole Foods as I was starving.  Very bad move!  Never grocery shop when you're famished!!  Spent way too much and not that wisely either!

I'm usually dehydrated, so I take it as a good sign that I'm way more aware of my thirst level and that I need to drink more often.  So, I think I'm staying more hydrated!

It is blazing hot here!  Has been for about a week!  Thank goodness, we practice very early in the morning or in the evening.  I'm enjoying summer and being on the Team although I'm finding I way overcommitted myself!  Most time is going into training followed by lying around comatose or napping!

No comments:

Post a Comment