Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fear of Freestyle and Training

Let's talk about cycling along, enjoying the scenery and the ride.  The legs are rhythmically going in circles.  The world is a lovely place.  Even jogging along after that was reasonably relaxed.....slow but who was concerned?  Not me!  And then there was the filming of my freestyle stroke in water above my head.  Had set the alarm for 7AM.  Luckily, Henry woke me at 8AM and I sloshed on the sunscreen, threw down 2 nutrition bars, had several sips of gatorade and water and completely forgot my medicine.  It was not a pretty sight!  I can't honestly say I'm looking forward to seeing the video!
Felt some moments of panic related to breathing.  Also, had slowed down my stroke and actually had some of my most effective breaths.

So......wrote to Melon Dash (Conquer Fear) for advice.  She provided some ("with you," she said.....that about describes her!).  Shared emails with TNT coaches.  They are a really neat group of people (as is the Tri team!).  I can see why these coaches are so well thought of though.  Genuine and caring people.

Anyway, as part of laughing at myself, here is a video of the final scene in the move,
"The Natural."



and here, the wonderful inspiring video (again)
of Arthur,

"Never, Ever Give Up!"



No comments:

Post a Comment