Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Swimming, Poetry, etc.

I have swim practice on Monday, Wednesday and Friday with the beginning group of the Master's program (thanks to TNT's arrangement with Santa Clara Swim Club).  Wow, I am an incredibly lousy freestyle swimmer (still).  All I can say is perhaps with hundreds of hours of practice, I'll improve!  Today I put in approximately 1 1/2 hours.  I did learn breast stroke today and that went much, much better.  To give you an idea of how much help my front crawl needs, I think I am much faster at the breast stroke (not to mention relaxed).

Every day involves tending the garden!  Love doing that!  Annual dahlias from last year decided to re-sprout and are doing great!  For some reason, taking care of the garden seems so meditative to me!

Also, wrote a poem today.  Here it is:


Mother Crow

Caw, sang the black bird
circling above.
I did not recognize the melody
in her drawn out screech.

Was it a song of love,
a worried cry for a child
new to flight,
the sound of a mother
helplessly watching
the struggle of wings
learning to flap.

I listened.

She, the animal,
I, the human,
both of us alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment