Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Several of my poems...........

Alive*


I love blue green mixed against
soothing eggplant hues and
orange gold strands that stand up

the breath, smile, skin feel of him
the man who treasures each second
of our walk through time together

a furry bundle watching door,
so overjoyed she jumps beyond
eleven years to hug me with her eyes

the act of never giving up
through grasp for air,
bloodied knees, exhausted crawl
reaching one more time
for the best of futures

retraining muscles that could so easily
stop
freeze in place
to press through wrinkled stance
to try, to reach for hands, to smile
while all the while
thanking the light
for switches that work both ways.



Freed*


Steep holds my breath hostage.
Knees quiver, eyes stutter
and yet
a voice whispers
“Yes, “

A louder voice says,
“You own this!”

I move into
downward fall,
remembering the rhythm.

I am dancing
with gravity,
timing the steps
with my poles.

I am flying
across the sky.
Joy propels me.
I ascend above the clouds
of day to day.

Smile explodes
within me.

“I did it,” I say.
I can do anything.


Strength*

(For Henry)

He is the mountain around which my heart grows,
the man who swallows tears, because he knows

I slowly pass through white out.
Before his eyes, parts of me begin to fade.

There is no scream loud enough
to wake the gods, to stop the blizzard in its tracks.

And yet, he smiles.
He does not run; he does not hide.

He walks beside me, each caress a shield
against the never ending storm.

*All rights to poems above held by author M.G. McNew.

No comments:

Post a Comment