Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

A Poem


Wholly Holy

Beware the stare of eyes turned outward
toward distant unlit shores.
Utopia beckons safe harbor
the rhinestone glare of welcome.

It is an illusion, a warm blanket
in the midst of  a howling storm;
a slap, a stinging salutation
in disguise as morning light,
the fixed unwavering gaze
of anger costumed as God.

What cost the dream of narrow road?
The cliffs will always push and pull.
But smiles’ gold coated lies must
have their way to scream that
RIGHT will always punish wrong;
the strong must trample weak.

Along this path, I stumble
face first into my self made mire
coagulating streams of honest hard earned
blood, once flowing unimpeded
now searching for my own open door
to walk away from glares that wish me dead.

I will not die today.
So sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment