Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Catch Up and a Story

     So, Henry and I went to our first photography class together Sunday afternoon.  It's a pre-visualization workshop with Richard Dischler, who has an amazing background in photography.  Beyond that, however, he is an amazing human.  He says his goal is to change the world by showing it a photograph of itself (one step at a time).  He listened to me briefly and started to talk about the need to communicate well (what can I say....it was an accurate read).  So, here I am - an absolute beginner photographer in a class with a famous photographer.  I guess I better start learning how to use the manual controls on my new DSLR.  Holy Cow - what have I gotten myself into?

   Embedded below is a video about a surf photographer who goes to Indonesia to test out a camera at the request of its manufacturer.  While surfing, he meets a traveling surfer and from there a story blossoms.



ABROAD - a short film by John Lynch from J. Lynch on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment