Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Man's Best Friend


Man's Best Friend from Chris Neal on Vimeo.


I feel every word of this video.  Carmen was my best friend, the ever-present, day in, day out loving spirit in my life for the last 2 1/2 years (We adopted her at age 10).  I miss her so much.

This morning I saw a woman jogging with her child in a stroller and a Golden Retriever.  The dog reminded me so much of Carmen.  At first I was sad but then I started to laugh watching the sleepy eyed dog move...so similar, the ever wagging tail.

At some point, we will get another dog.  It needs to be after enough time has passed to see the new dog as a new relationship, separate from Carmen.  She was my first ever dog.  What a revelation!
I don't think Henry or I could ever live again without a dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment