Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

TEAM - What does it mean?

I originally started this blog when I was training for the Nike Women's Half Marathon walk in 2008 with Team in Training.  Since then, I've completed my first triathlon (also with the team) last fall (Mighty Mermaid Sprint triathlon 2012).  This year, I have signed up for 2 events.....the Pacific Grove sprint triathlon and the Nike Women's Half marathon (again....it's quite an event!).

What brought me back to the TEAM last year?  Actually, it was my neurologist!  I had not been too active and needed to get back on track exercise-wise.  She noted my "accomplishment  high" after completing Nike in 2008 and suggested I re-join the TEAM(TNT).

The training for and the actual sprint triathlon turned out to be one of my best experiences!  Talk about support/comaraderie/belief and accomplishment!  I found it so inspirational that I created the poem video below:



Now, I'm back in 2013, set to do another triathlon.  It takes a while for a TEAM to form, as a certain coach mentioned to me.  I have a feeling it will come together very well!

As part of this whole experience, I am fundraising for TNT.


I am selling custom designed cotton hoodies at the following website:


Donations can also be made directly at the following website:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/sj/nikesf13/marlenemcnew

No amount is too small!

Note: Design created by M. McNew.  Not to be used without specific authorization from owner.


Additionally, my mentee team is selling a custom designed tshirt at the following website:



http://teespring.com/Marlenesmentees









No comments:

Post a Comment