Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Mistakes & Telling the Truth

      Do you go through life trying to be conscious of how you are behaving, what it is exactly that you are saying and doing?  I try but admit that I'm often unconscious.  I don't usually set out to harm anyone but may end up inadvertently doing just that.
      An example of that happened recently when someone mentioned personal information about a mutual acquaintance.  Discussing that kind of information is gossip.....which I'm not a big fan of.  Yet, not only was I drawn in, I offered advice as though I "knew it all."   In reality, I don't know it all.  I really don't know much of anything.  
     The subject of the discussion was told about the discussion (For what purpose one might ask?)
and I believe the result was that she felt VERY hurt.  For my disconnected participation, I apologize (perhaps miraculously she will see this blog....).  It was definitely not my intention to cause this person any pain and I'm sorry that was the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment