Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

PD Skiers - Unite!

    There is a group of women with Parkinson's Disease in the Bay Area and surrounding regions who meet once/month to have lunch/talk about life. The group is called "Parkinson's Princesses." I occasionally join them for lunch and always enjoy it!

     One of the women in that group had sent out a message to the group asking if anyone wanted to join her on a ski bus trip to Kirkwood. I decided to join her! She is a more advanced skier than me but can you imagine what it was like for us to get together? We had the most fantastic time! To say that we had common points to discuss would be strongly understated! From the topic of how our husbands respond to our PD idiosyncrasies, how the drugs we take are working, our mutual love of art, etc etc. we could have talked non-stop the entire day. But we skied a numbers of runs together too. I've been invited to join her at Flamenco class Saturday morning and hope to do so!

     May be skiing with another buddy shortly also -- my former classmate from the Alpine womens' Wednesday group a couple of years ago! SO NICE to have ski buddies to hang with. I get lonely often skiing on my own. I think it's one reason I've taken so many lessons! I know I need to practice more on my own -- I do own my own ability to ski and very definitely want to keep improving!

No comments:

Post a Comment