Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mighty Mermaid Sprint triathalon

As I was in incredibly lousy condition last winter's ski season, my neurologist recommended that I do another Team in Training event.  Having secretly always wanted to do a triathalon, I signed up to do the Mighty Mermaid Sprint triathalon October 6, 2012 in Capitola (just over the hill from us).

Started training last Sunday.  I am not a fantastic swimmer so just a wee bit nervous about an open water swim.  Great news though, I can join the beginner's group within a Masters program and work a lot more with great coaching.  I also know, from direct experience, how good the TNT program is at preparing partiicpants for their event.  Also, supportive is a word that defines their approach and that is a critically important quality for me.

So glad Dr. B made that recommendation and that I'm following through (so far!).  Nervous but overall feel really good about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment