Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Team in Training

Team in Training is an organization that raises funds for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society by training people to do endurance events.  Most of the people who do these events are not athletes to start with.
But Team in Training prepares them, supports them, gives them what they need to succeed.

In 2008, I completed the Nike Women's half marathon in San Francisco.  When I reached the finishing gate, I remember thinking "Is this it?  Am I here already?"  I was high for months; I felt so good about that
accomplishment.

When I was training for that event, I had a bit of resentment that I was funding blood cancer research rather than that for Parkinson's Disease (my disease).  I don't feel that way anymore.  The funds that are raised for LLS are needed and are well used.  Honorees are ever present thanking us for keeping them alive and cheering us on.

By doing this, I enhance my own life (physically and mentally).  It's so worthwhile, it's beyond question.
I am happy to be a part of this group.  They remind me that each day of life is a cause for celebration!

If able to assist with fundraising, any donations would be very much appreciated.  My fundraising page is located here:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/sj/mermaid12/mmonew

Below I am embedding a video on how TNT came to be.  I think it gives a clear idea of why it was formed and what it does so successfully!   GO TEAM!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment