Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Swim & Other Training

It's official.  I am a member of the U.S. Masters Swim organization (Santa Clara swim club - beginner's group).  Actually, I guess it will be official when I do one lap across a 3 foot deep pool (25 yards) doing elementary backstroke.    Once in, then I can work on my front crawl, aerobic capacity, breathing/timing/both sides, stroke efficiency and, of course, comfort in water.  Then, we can worry about open water swimming.  Coach Larry (head coach) says they will ensure I finish the triathlon.  He's a great coach as are the others!

Needless to say, need to do a lot of work on the walk/run and cycling also.

When you sign up with TNT, they tell you what your fundraising minimum is but they might consider telling you what you'll need to have re: gear.  Thankfully, they provide the wetsuit and I have a nice road bike.  Got new running shoes.  Had to get new cycling shoes because the old ones were falling apart.  Had to get a new bike helmet because the old one has a giant crack.  Had to get the bike tuned up.  Just ordered tri shorts and a tri top.  Stocking up/testing out goggles and swim caps.

No comments:

Post a Comment